Thursday, March 29, 2012

Guardians

Sequences have been in work at the Lakeside Building for a while now ...

I remember this being in development a while ago, down in the lower reaches of Lakeside, if I remember right. I had very little idea about what it was about ... then. I have a better idea now.

“They [ don’t have a warlike side,” [director Peter Ramsey] says, though they’re certainly tougher than other images of the characters. “Their whole existence is based on the idea that a full, rich, loving, adventurous life for a kid is worth anything they would possibly have to sacrifice. That’s the idea of being a Guardian. It’s kind of analogous to being a good parent, really.”

The Guardians is the new offering from DWA later this year. Madagascar 3 is DreamWorks Animation other release.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll fess up to not being a dw lover. This at least looks interesting. I like that the beard on Santa looks like a second rate sim. Everything else is compelling enough that I can ignore it.

Anonymous said...

Looks awful. Jeez, seriously?

Steve Hulett said...

Don't know what you see that's awful. I happen to like Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, and Blue Sky Studios. (Eclectic, that's me.)

Anonymous said...

Looks interesting, like it's not just some holiday spoof movie. I like how Santa is Russian :)

Anonymous said...

Don't know what you see that's awful.

Character design is bad. Some of the animation looks like mocap. Anatomy on Santa is weird. Beard looks awful. Faces look uncanny valley. Eyes look dead. Easter bunny looks like hes from one of the Kung Fu Panda films, and doesnt belong with the rest of the characters

Effects are cool, lighting is fine.

Anonymous said...

sounds like someone's personal opinion and taste disguising as truth

Anonymous said...

He asked for my opinion. Did I indicate anywhere that it wasnt an opinion? Whats wrong with opinions?

Sounds to me like you want to try and discredit me somehow.

So, what was it like working on Guardians?

Anonymous said...

Me on the other hand. I'm actually a fan of DWA films. This one doesn't interest me in the slightest. p.s. That rabbit character design is ugly as sin.

Anonymous said...

Yay, more owls!...

Anonymous said...

Animation-wise, there does seem to be less texture and detail (especially in the "children" animation and the Tooth fairy.) I almost want to say that this trailer looked "unfinished."

However, story wise, this beats the pants off of any other animated film of recent memory, Pixar films included. This trailer has such a compelling premise, an intriguing concept, and just I can't wait to see the much-talked about Jack Frost. He's sure to be the scene-stealer.

Anonymous said...

jester says: The tooth fairy does exist! I once put my baby tooth under the pillow and then the next morning it was gone. the only thing that was left was a dime.

Anonymous said...

As far as a kid's cartoon obviously made in dw India, it's passable.

Site Meter