Saturday, June 27, 2015

Kevin G. Exits Diz Co.

For the second time.


I'm speaking of Kevin Geiger, longtime Walt Disney Animation supervisor, also a longtime Animation Guild shop steward. (He's the broadly smiling gent in the middle of the picture, above.)

As Kevin says:

... Unexpected twists & turns have been characteristic of my path. I never thought that I would work for Walt Disney Feature Animation in 1995, and I never imagined that my departure from Burbank in 2007 – and my subsequent indie efforts in Beijing – would lead me back to Disney here in China.

In late 2012, I had the opportunity to found Disney’s Greater China Local Content team. Over the course of 2013 and 2014, we assembled a world-class Chinese content development team in Beijing, introduced Disney creative processes & standards, spoke at Chinese media conferences, engaged in community outreach with Chinese schools & institutions, consulted on local productions, developed 10 original & adapted local animation & live-action properties, created 4 high-performing pilots, and produced 3 popular local broadcast series. ...

And now Mr. Geiger moves on. I was surprised when Kevin re-upped with Disney, and I'm surprised that he's living. But Kevin is a man of numerous surprises, so good luck to him on the next challenge


0 comments:

Site Meter