Friday, June 12, 2015

One More Animated Feature

From the trades and elsewhere:

Fox Animation has landed the rights to Nimona, the New York Times best-selling graphic novel by Noelle Stevenson, for an adaptation to be directed by Patrick Osborne, the helmer behind the Oscar-winning animated short Feast.

Studio exec-turned-screenwriter Marc Haimes is attached to pen the script for the project, which will be produced by Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment and the company’s president of production Adam Stone. ...

What interests me here is: Where does this feature get made?

Will Vertigo Entertainment/Fox Animation produce it in Los Angeles? Mr. Osborne has directed Feast in beautiful Burbank, and Gabriel Chu was a producer on How to Train Your Dragon 2 in Glendale, but that doesn't bear on where Nimona gets made."

If I were to hazard a semi-educated guess, I would say it gets created in the snowy north where Free Money roams, or maybe Australia at Animal Logic. But I have no good answers because no answers are available.

If somebody knows more about this than I do ... and it wouldn't take much ... let me know.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the real mystery is what 'Fox Animation' even is at all. This and other reports seem to suggest that Fox Animation might function as its own in-house animation unit, but Blue Sky Studios already serves that role. I guess we'll figure out in due time (DWA's distribution contract is supposed to end in 2018, unless they decide to re-up).

Site Meter