Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Ramble at DreamWorks...

The DW Artists I visited today are pleased with "Over the Hedge"... "Tightest movie I ever worked on," a layout artist told me. But OTH is finished and out next week (It'll have a clear field for most of a month...until "Cars" comes out. I'm wagering it will hold it's own against the Pixar offering, but I'm not psychic.) Lots of people are back on "Flushed Away" after a short sabbatical. Many are doubtful that the picture will finish up in August, as management says. There are lots of sequences remaining to work on, and as a "Hedge" artist related: "They've moved the schedule back a bunch of times already. I'm thinking they'll move it back again."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice storyboard drawing...;)

Anonymous said...

How many is "many", Steve?

3? 21? Just askin'. ; )
I'll be happy to bet anyone that Flushed comes out on schedule.

Kevin Koch said...

Anon, Steve didn't suggest that anyone thinks the movie's release date would slip, only that people think the current planned end date for animation and other departments will be pushed back again (this is a sentiment I've also heard more than once recently). This is hardly a surprise -- I'm hard pressed to think of a film I've worked on (Over the Hedge is one rare example) of a film being completed on time. Most have their "end date" pushed back multiple times.

Site Meter