Monday, May 22, 2006

The WDFA Monday Romp

Part of the afternoon was spent by Yours Truly in the Mouse House's hat building, where all is calm, all is upbeat... Crew is being shifted about some; some crew on "American Dog" have been shifted to "Robinsons" as the new animation chiefs work with Chris Sanders to retool the U.S. Canine. Around the studio, word circulates that directors Ron Clements and John Musker (again residing on the third floor) will be directing a hand-drawn short on the way up the ramp to a new, hand-drawn feature. How long it will take to implement short and feature, I donno.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

About 16 or 17 years ago? I was reading an artical about a new disney feature, called "The Little Mermaid" At the time I felt that the animation features are coming back, and I was right.
I feel that the circle is coming around again with these two directors. And I hope I can be apart of it again.
There is a new young generation of moms and dads that I'm sure love to see a family animated feature
with there young ones.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wih a little bit of luck, Disney may just be Disney again.

Cedricstudio said...

A hand-drawn short? With Ron & Jon? All right!!!

ZSL said...

Awesome!

Fred Seibert said...

It's seemed to me for a couple of years now, for no reason whatsoever,that John Lasseter is gunning to show that 2D or #D doesn't matter. Great filmmaking does.

Anonymous said...

A new hand-drawn feature from Ron Clements and John Musker. I hope it has something to do with fairy tales.

Site Meter