Thursday, July 06, 2006

Treasure Hunt contest

Here's the first (and probably last!) TAG Blog treasure hunt contest... Okay, so it's not really a treasure hunt, but here's how it works. Find the pictured Over the Hedge promotional statue thingee somewhere in the Los Angeles area. Go to the comments section and identify the location (cross streets), and whose fence Verne, RJ, and Hammy are flying over. First one to do so wins a highly collectible book from my overstocked library. The winner can choose one of the following Disney "Art of" books: Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules (still in shrinkwrap), or Tarzan (also still in shrinkwrap). Or "Chicken Run -- Hatching the Movie." And if you have no interest in animation art books, I have the Moebius "Chaos" graphic novel you can take home. (The truth is, I've ended up with a bunch of duplicates in my library, but all the books are all in excellent shape.) The winner can pick up the book of their choice at the Guild office in North Hollywood. Or, if your library is as well stocked as mine and you don't want any of the fine tomes listed above, I'll donate it to the Guild's animation book collection in your name! Such a deal. UPDATE: Chris Bancroft nailed the intersection: Therefore he gets first choice of the books I listed. Another book goes to the first person to name the company that made the thing (at least I assume they made it, from the looks of the property). You can see their building in the photo, but not their sign.

7 comments:

cmbancroft said...

I've seen that at N Victory place and N Lake St. It's to the side of one of the Costco roads, so I'm guessing its their fence. It might belong that car dealership with super hicked out truck- I think its called Advantage Auto. I hope thats close enough!

Chris Bancroft

Kevin Koch said...

Close, but not quite. When I say I want to know who's fence it is, I mean whose property does that fence surround? I'm pretty sure it's the company who made the Hedge statue-display-thing. They look like they make stuff like this for the industry.

I'll see if I can add another photo to the original post that shows the intersection. When I first saw it, on my way into Costco, I laughed out loud at such an improbably sight. I had to get out of the car to see who made it.

cmbancroft said...

Even scarier at night...
Their sign says "Plan B Design Group" and they are also listed as "Plan-b Visual Design Inc."

Kevin Koch said...

Nice work, laddie! For that effort you have your choice of two books.

Hey, has anyone out there heard of Plan B Design? I couldn't find anything on the web about them, but when I was peeking through their fence they seemed to have some cool stuff. Plus I think they did their own landscaping with some alien looking artifical plants (you can just see them on the right of the second photo I posted).

Anonymous said...

Hey, just the thing for the second-floor patio at the new building -- right between the wine bar and the electric billboard ...

Kevin Koch said...

Only if we animate it. Maybe we could get some freelancers from Imagineering to give our new building a full animatronic treatment. Put the Nick building to shame!

Anonymous said...

If the robotic cows from Barnyard The Movie get loose and attack me with their udders, I swear I'll file for workmen's comp.

Site Meter