Saturday, June 09, 2012

Reconfigured Super Heroes

The thing about about those people in spandex and capes, they never go out of style, but just get repurposed for a new era ... much like, come to think of it, Scooby Doo.

DC Nation, Cartoon Network’s home for action-packed animated series and original shorts based on characters from DC Comics, will soon be joined by a new generation of superheroes as Teen Titans Go!, ... Featuring the principal voice cast from the original series – Greg Cipes as Beast Boy, Scott Menville as Robin, Khary Payton as Cyborg, Tara Strong as Raven and Hynden Walch as Starfire – Teen Titans Go! recaptures everything audiences loved about the original show, while adding laughter ...

Funny thing, but I thought the first incarnation of Titans had laughter. When I was traipsing through WB Animation when it lived in the Sherman Oaks Galleria (before our friends at the AMPTP moved in), I thought it was a humorous show even then. Or certainly trying to be.

But I'm always glad to learn how wrong I was back in the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Steve. I thought TT was one of the most refreshing superhero cartoons and more recently Batman:The Brave and The Bold. The writing on both shows was fun and engaging and the tempo much faster paced and both definitely had laughs.

Celshader said...

I have not yet seen the 2003 Teen Titans series, but the impression I get from fans is that it was a good show:

http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comic/book-13/04-remedial-adulthood/math/

Site Meter