Saturday, July 13, 2013

Flight

... and the sequel*.



DreamWorks Animation returns to the world of dragons and Vikings in this sequel to their successful 2010 outing How to Train Your Dragon. The original film followed the exploits of a Viking chief's son, who must capture a dragon in order to mark his passage into manhood and prove his worthiness to the tribe. -- Rotten Tomatoes

The scuttlebutt around DreamWorks Animation's Glendale campus is that Number Two is a quality followup.

I think it will do better than the first installment, but I guess we'll see.

* Looking at this teaser, I was reminded that William Wellman, director of the World War I epic Wings and a lot of other classics, was the first director to understand that scenes of flight were pretty limp without clouds to give audiences a sense of speed and scale. This trailer is a good example of what Wellman figured out in 1927.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you recently heard anything about "Me & My Shadow"? Is it still being worked on or has it been shelved?

Unknown said...

Good to see Dean Dublois writing and directing. He did such a great job writing and directing lillo and stitch and httyd 1.

Steve Hulett said...

"Me and My Shadow" is back in story work. Does it get greenlit for production?

Depends on the story work, I guess.

Site Meter