Thursday, July 11, 2013

Frozen Visuals

On computers inside the hat building, I've seen beautiful and intricate scenes from the November feature. Now WDAS has released pictures.

For Immediate Release

The story follows “fearless optimist Anna” who teams up with a rugged mountain man named Kristoff and “his loyal reindeer Sven in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna’s sister Elsa, “whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.” ...

The production is in the last couple weeks of animation, the last two months of surfacing, lighting and editorial.

I haven't seen enough of the movie to say if it's any good, but a sufficient number of scenes have crossed my eyes to know that its visuals are strong. (And isn't that at least half of what your want?)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there any shorts in development which are hand-drawn?

Unknown said...

Thankfully, no. It's great to see Disney Animation looking forwards instead of backwards. What a shame artists have to be dragged forward kicking and screaming to use their artistry.

Steve Hulett said...

Don't know what ones are in development. But there's a partially hand-drawn short that hasn't been released.

Mesterius said...

"But there's a partially hand-drawn short that hasn't been released."

Would that happen to be the new theatrical Mickey Mouse short, "Get A Horse" (which will play before Frozen in November from what I understand)? Or is it something else?

Steve Hulett said...

That's the one.

Some of the veteran animators related it was difficult to master "rubber hose" animation.

THX-1138 said...

Hey Steve,

Have you seen anything from Zootopia or Giants yet? I read Blue Sky Disney's post that revealed almost all I'd those untitled films WDAS announced recently.

Steve Hulett said...

I see stuff in work as I wander around. But I don't talk about it much.

The studio frowns on development being blabbed about, so by and large I leave the blabbing for others to do.

Not really my job description, and I strive to avoid trouble.

Site Meter