Monday, July 22, 2013

SIGGRAPH 2013



As it's so eloquently put on their website:

Now in its 40th year, the SIGGRAPH conference is the premier international event on computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH 2013 is expected to draw more than 20,000 professionals from five continents to Anaheim, California.

I've been attending the SIGGRAPH conference since the late 90's when I started working in VFX. I've always enjoyed meandering through the exhibition hall to gawk at the new updates and technology that is typically shown there. It's only in the last few that I started to appreciate the "conference" part of the conference by attending discussions and presentations.

This year, I'll be spending most of my time at the IATSE Exhibit Hall booth along with reps from Local 600, Local 700 and Local 891. Here's a map of the exhibit hall highlighting the IA booth.

I'm also participating in two discussions: a Birds of a Feather discussion called From Golden Statue to Pink Slip: A Conversation on the State of the Industry, and a panel discussion called The State of the Visual Effects Industry.

If you're planning to attend the conference, stop by any of those and say hello.

0 comments:

Site Meter