Now with butter-flavored Add On.
As the holidays roll toward us, Megamind rounds the second turn, chasing a big train ....
1. Unstoppable (Fox) NEW [3,207 Theaters] -- Friday $8.1M, Estimated Weekend $24.5M
2. Megamind 3D (DreamWorks Animation/Paramount) Week 2 [3,949 Theaters] -- Friday $7.9M (-37%), Estimated Weekend $25.5M, Estimated Cume $85M
3. Due Date (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,365 Theaters] -- Friday $5.5M (-54%), Estimated Weekend $16.5M, Estimated Cume $60M
4. Skyline (Relativity/Universal) NEW [2,880 Theaters] -- Friday $4.7M, Estimated Weekend $14M
5. Morning Glory (Paramount) NEW [2,518 Theaters] -- Friday $3M, Estimated Weekend $9.2M, Estimated Cume $12M
Add On: Megamind comes out on top for a second weekend:
... 3D animated comedy Megamind repeated at No. 1, using a modest 35% decline in its second frame to conjure a $30.1 million session and $89.8 million in cumulative box office.
... Megamind's terrific marketplace hold following a more ho-hum bow is reminiscent of the spring theatrical run of DWA's How to Train Your Dragon. ...
Quite an accomplishment for DreamWorks Animation. Three animated features, three hits. And all in a single year. Gotta be a record.