Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Larry E.'s Portfolio: Wendell Washer

After receiving his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Cartooning from the Chicago Academy of Fine Art, Wendell Washer started at Filmation in the layout department, where he worked on the "Star Trek" series.

Wendell Washer

He worked for Hanna-Barbera, Sanrio and Bakshi before returning to Filmation as a storyboard supervisor. Then, after gigs at Marvel and Ruby-Spears, he went to Disney for a nine-year run on such shows as "Gummi Bears", "Duck Tales", " Tale Spin", "Darkwing Duck", "Goof Troop", "Bonkers", "Aladdin", "Quack Pack", "Timon and Pumbaa", "Winnie-the-Pooh", "Lady and the Tramp", "Lion King II", "101 Dalmatians and "Hercules".

More recently he's worked for Warner Bros., Universal, Simex, Saban, Stonekey, Sabella-Dern, Outdoors Entertainment, Adelaide, Imagi, Riverstar and Mike Young.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I met Washer back in 2007, after a church service. We met through my much more outgoing college roommate, saying that I would love to meet him. He is a pretty quiet man, not much to say. He gave me a DVD of his titled "I cant draw, YES YOU CAN" and had left my memory for a while. I just thought of him today as I was wondering if I should consider actively pursuing a career in animation now that I draw near to the end of my self paced studies in communications, and hope to see him in the near future.

Site Meter