Wednesday, March 11, 2015

That Didn't Take Long

I mean, it's been a whole fourteen days.

SunTrust Banks Inc., which agreed to buy DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.’s headquarters near Los Angeles for $185 million about two weeks ago, has put the property back up for sale.

CBRE Group Inc. is marketing the 497,403-square-foot (46,210-square-meter) office campus, which is completely leased to DreamWorks Animation for two decades, according to a brochure on the brokerage’s website. ...

So is the little Renaissance village on the cement banks of the Los Angeles River destined to be bought and sold like hog belly futures?

Doesn't seem right somehow.

1 comments:

Jerry Beck said...

I wonder if this is a "shell game"... When I first heard Dreamworks was selling its campus, I assumed that they sold it to Disney (as Disney-ABC owns every lot around the Dreamworks studio lot). Watch. It won't surprise me if "Sun Trust Banks" sells the lot to Disney. Or if Disney doesn't eventually acquire it. I'm guessing Dreamworks didn't want to sell directly to Disney because it would send too many troubling messages... Let's just see who buys it next.

Site Meter