Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Day at Fox Animation

Although traffic was awful, I made it to Fox Animation early enough to hit all three Fox shows: American Dad, The Cleveland Show and Family Guy ...

Things are steady as they go on FG and TCS, but the equilibrium is a bit different on American Dad:

... We haven't been picked up for another season, and artists are getting laid off one by one. We're pretty much in limbo ...

I've got a couple of weeks left, and then I'm out of here. There hasn't been any big farewells, it's just ... people disappear and nothing is said. Nobody knows if we're coming back or not. It's kind of weird. ...

As of early January, American Dad is performing much like its Animation Domination counterparts (Family Guy -- 6 million viewers; The Simpsons -- 5.11 million viewers; American Dad -- 4.5 million viewers; The Cleveland Show -- 4.3 million viewers.)

Whether the series gets picked up for another year, I donno. But an American Dad board artist related that it didn't feel like cancellation is imminent.

... Nobody I talk to is uptight about the show going away. Other years artists have been more depressed and fatalistic about American Dad getting cancelled. But this year? Not nearly as much ...

Which may or may not be a good sign. It was explained to me that part of the problem is the show is preempted a lot, so there is a stock pile of episodes.

Me, I hope AD goes on, because I find it the most amusing of the Seth shows, even though it runs behind Family Guy in popularity.

0 comments:

Site Meter