Monday, January 10, 2011

An Afternoon with Tom Sito -- Part I

Tom Sito has worked in most of the varied nooks and crannies of the animation industry -- animator, board artist, story supervisor, to name a few -- since the mid-1970s ...

TAG Interview with Tom Sito

*Click to listen in your browser. Right-Click and Save to download to your computer to listen later.

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Born in New York City, Tom commenced his career in cartoons with Raggedy Ann and Andy, an animated feature helmed by Richard Williams, and has never looked back. He spent some years as a "roving gypsy" (his words), storyboarding and animating on features and television shows around the globe, going wherever the work was. That meant travel to London, Toronto, New York and points west.

Tom finally settled in Los Angeles, where he's worked for Disney, DreamWorks and Warner Bros. (among numerous others) and where he makes his home today. We spoke on a recent afternoon at the TAG offices in Burbank.

Copyright © 2011, Animation Guild Local 839 IATSE. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Floyd Norman said...

Great interview, Steve.

I'm sitting here in my cubicle at Disney laughing my head off. People around me must think I'm nuts. But I can't help it. The stories Tom tells are hilarious.

More! More!

Steve Hulett said...

Part II comes up quickly. (And has already, since I'm writing this late on the 11th.)

Site Meter