Monday, January 24, 2011

The Mark Kausler Chat -- Part I

Above, Mr. Mark Kausler.

Mark Kausler journeyed to California from St. Louis in the late 1960s, and he's been here ever since working as both an animator and story artist. He numbers Yellow Submarine, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasia 2000 and Who Framed Roger Rabbit among the projects on which he's animated and boarded ...

TAG Interview with Mark Kausler

*Click to listen in your browser. Right-Click and Save to download to your computer to listen later.

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Mark sat down recently at Animation Guild headquarters to regale us with tales of animation from the sixties to the present day. And about growing up cartoon crazy in the Midwest during the Era of Eisenhower.

8 comments:

Brubaker said...

Mark is one of my favorite animation people. Glad to hear an interview from him.

Eric Noble said...

Fantastic interview!! I love hearing his stories about all of the people in animation he's met. I love hearing him talk about Ralph Bakshi. My favorite part was hearing Mark talk about going to Chouinard before it became a part of CalArts. I wish I could have gone there.

Thank you for putting these interviews up.

Yowp said...

Thanks, folks at 839. I appreciate this so much.

Yowp

Chris Sobieniak said...

Now I fully understand why I loathed "The Great Bear Scare" all these years!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good stuff, Steve. I'm glad you've decided to take this on.
It's also nice that you as the interviewer can help add to the discussion. Except it would've been nice if one of you could have remembered Spaff's name ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I couldn't recall the good Dave Spafford's name. He sure threw some great parties and was about the craziest animator I've ever known. He was great at Daffy Duck and Woody Woodpecker, among many other things he's done. I'm starting to forget a lot of things, I need some gingko baloba!
Mark Kausler

Unknown said...

LOL...no problem. I have trouble remembering my current fellow employees' name some days.

Site Meter