1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Paramount) Week 1 [Runs 3,719] PG13 Wed/Thurs $10.5M, Friday $15.5M, Saturday $15.6M, Weekend $41.2M, Cume $51.7M
2. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 4,065] PG Friday $10.7M, Saturday $9.6M, Weekend $26.6M (-39%), Cume $88.8M
3. Tyler Perry’s Temptation (Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 2,047] PG13 Friday $9.3M, Saturday $7.9M, Weekend $22.5M
4. Olympus Has Fallen (FilmDistrict) Week 2 [Runs 3,106] R Friday $4.7M, Saturday $5.6M, Weekend $14.1M (-53%), Cume $54.9M
5. Oz The Great and Powerful (Disney) Week 4 [Runs 3,324] PG Friday $4.3M, Saturday $4.4M, Weekend $11.7M, Cume $198.4M
6. The Host (Open Road) NEW [Runs 3,202] PG13 Friday $5.2M, Saturday $3.4M, Weekend $11.0M
7. The Call (TriStar/Sony) Week 3 [Runs 2,439] R Friday $1.7M, Saturday $1.9M, Weekend $4.7M, Cume $39.5M
8. Admission (Focus Features) Week 2 [Runs 2,161] PG13 Friday $1.1M, Saturday $1.2M, Weekend $3.1M (-49%), Cume $11.7M
9. Spring Breakers (A24) Week 3 [Runs 1,379] R Friday $1M, Saturday $932K, Weekend $2.5M, Cume $9.9M
10. Incredible Burt Wonderstone (Warner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 1,575] PG13 Friday $490K, Saturday $505K, Weekend $1.2M, Cume $20.5M
As one of our fine trade papers says:
... Last weekend, Fox-DreamWorks Animation’s “The Croods” took first with a similar sum, and it appears the toon will place second this frame over newcomers from Lionsgate and Open Road. It earned $10.7 million Friday and is likely to land in the mid-$20 million range through Sunday.
In eight days in release, “Croods” has cumed $72.8 million, and in a holiday weekend and spring break window largely devoid of family fare, pic should continue to play well. ...